Thursday, February 27, 2020

This is just to say...

I feel a bit flat right now.  I feel like mental illness is difficult not just because mental illness is difficult, but because it is so little understood.  I have had people tell me I am bipolar, ADD, or vitamin B deficient, or just plain strange.  I have had people tell me I have depression, dysthymia, anxiety, depersonalization and derealization, Complex PTSD, and a whole stew of other things.  I have had people tell me to turn to religion, to health, to just try more, to put myself out there more.  I have had people recommend books and ted talks and songs and types of therapy.  Diets.  Meditations.  Maybe I have them all and maybe I have none of them.  Maybe I am just lazy or maybe I am 'dwelling' and creating my own mental illness.

I don't know.

And I'm tired.  I'm not giving up.  I'm not giving in.  But I needed to say it, because I feel it in my BONES.  I am tired.

And I would like to start feeling a little more real again, please.



No comments:

Post a Comment